Name three things you want patients to discover from your digital marketing efforts. If you said to find you, click to learn more about your services, and take action, you’re not alone. But how do you turn those goals into a reality? Consider pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
PPC ads benefit your marketing strategies because:
- They grab attention when a patient is seeking information and ready to act.
- Many hospitals and clinics still don’t use PPC, so you can stand out.
- They trigger site traffic and promote brand awareness.
- With PPC, you can ensure your name displays in search queries.
PPC advertising is also one of the best tools to effectively target the most desirable and profitable patients for your practice. Just remember, the key to a winning PPC campaign is creating ad copy that boosts traffic and drives ROI.
Click-worthy ad campaigns generally follow these parameters:
- Short copy. From the headline to the ad copy, PPC ads get to the point quickly. Studies show PPC ads with 25 to 55 characters perform best. We’ll help you make a strong impression with just a few words and not waste real estate on characters you don’t need.
- Simple messages. PPC ads focus on a message that immediately grabs attention. Phrases like “free screening” or “fast recovery” prompt patients to click and learn more.
- Specific audience. You know about personas and psychographics from previous blog posts. Let’s put these concepts into action by creating an ad that speaks to a particular person or group of people, shows a deep understanding of your customer base, and is personal. Cast too wide a net, and you’ll lose your target audience.
- CTA variety. There are several ways we experiment with a CTA (call-to-action). For one, we can change the leading verb in different PPC campaigns to see which ones drive more traffic. Secondly, we can place CTAs in different parts of the ad copy from the headline on down to the last sentence and analyze the results. As long as the CTA is clear, it’s okay to play with its placement.
A PPC ad is one of the quickest and easiest ways to connect with a new patient. She’s looking for your services when she’s ready to take action. Don’t ignore her. Let’s get your PPC ad campaign started today.