When users stop engaging, it means your ad isn't connecting. How do you fix it? Data can help you find the right audience and a more relevant message.
Let Data Be Your Guide
The first step to fixing an off-target message is to look to the data for clues. Invest the time to dig through analytics for insights you can use. Here are three tips to sharpen your strategy and message:
Benchmark your CTR in relation to the competition. The average click through rate for healthcare is around 1.25%. How does your average compare? If it is significantly lower, you may want to adjust your approach.
Understand four key metrics that help you see how your ads are performing and whether you're getting an acceptable ROI:
- Click-through rate (CTR) - the percentage of users who click on an ad
- Cost-per-click (CPC) - the rate you pay for these click-throughs
- Conversion rate (CVR) - the percentage of users who take the desired action after clicking
- Cost-per-action (CPA) - the actual advertising cost of each desired user action
Learn how CTR is calculated -- it is calculated differently on different platforms, such as:
- Pay per click ads, both search and display ads
- SEO, the clicks to your website that happen as a result of organic searches
- Pay-to-play platforms such as Facebook
- Video that clicks through to your landing page or website
The valuable insights gained from regularly tracking ad performance
enable you to improve the freshness and relevance of your campaigns.
Relevance Drives Results
Some marketers say that a call to action is more than just a
clickable element on an ad, email or web page. The whole page is your
call to action, providing value to potential patients, answering their
questions and telling them what to do next to collect relevant data or make an
To provide that value, you need to know who you're talking to and why. Don't make the mistake of sending a targeted message to an untargeted audience. Consider designing campaigns to highlight new medical services your organization provides. That way you can leverage better keywords to target the right audience.
Staying relevant means
striving to understand potential patients' needs and continually updating your
strategy and message. Remember, no relevance means no results.
Cox Healthcare Marketing can help you interpret the data and optimize
a strategy for a better click rate. Contact us