Your campaign is set to drive prospects to your landing page. Before you press “go,” take a good look at the user experience. You may not have time to overhaul your entire website, but you could make time to optimize your landing page. Here’s how:
Think of a landing page visit as the first step of a patient’s journey. The trek typically involves three stages: Recognize, Review, and Resolve.
- Recognize — Content for this stage helps the patient recognize their health issue and how it affects their life. Offer a quiz, assessment or online screening tool.
- Review — Provide information about your services and treatment options. Create an infographic or include an “ask the provider” form.
- Resolve — Once your visitor has all the information they need to make a decision, invite them to schedule an appointment by providing a clear call-to-action (CTA).
Next, use this checklist to ensure your landing page is ready for visitors:
- Simplify. Keep your landing page clean and concise. Don’t provide too much information. Focus on a single purpose and message.
- Be clear. Make sure your header text tells visitors what’s on the page.
- Story-tell with visuals. Use images to tell your brand story, boost credibility and build trust.
- Provide a free offer. Give the visitor a reward for stopping by like a download or an infographic with relevant health tips.
- Integrate social share. Allow visitors to share your brand with their friends on social media.
- Spotlight testimonials. Include patient reviews and endorsements.
- Match headlines. Your landing page headline should be identical to your ad or link content.
- Organize content. All content including text, images and CTAs should flow seamlessly from one section to the next.
- Display CTAs. Provide calls-to-action that are easy to find and encourage patients to learn more, schedule an appointment and find a physician.
- Highlight contact information. Include your practice’s primary phone number, email address and street address.
- Make it mobile-friendly. Visitors may find you on their cell phones. Optimize your website to make sure it works fluidly on mobile devices.
- A/B Test. Test the images, headlines, layout, content and CTAs. Discover which elements convert. Tweak your campaign accordingly.
If you have any questions or want to talk further about user experience, give us a call. We’re here to help!